Why We Need To Face Our Fears

Face Your Fears

Have you ever put something off because you were worried what others would say, or if you might fail? I think everyone has been in that situation, and I totally understand that it's not easy to get out of.  As humans, we tend to worry about what everyone else thinks or we pressure ourselves to always be perfect and not mess up. I'm here to tell you, that it is most definitely OK to be scared, but it's not ok to let that stop you (don't worry, i'm working on this too.)

It's your life, and no one elses.

This is so important. As soon as you stop and think about how short life is and how much we can achieve, you will start to realise that letting the fear of what others think stop you, is such a pointless thing to do. I have always worried about others and have countless times stopped reaching for a goal I may have because I didn't want to be judged - but I am getting better. What I am saying is, if you are worried about quitting your job, or leaving a friendship (both of which are making you unhappy), you won't ever leave and you will be miserable. If you put yourself first (I know it's hard!), you can start being happy and focus on making your life the best it can be.

EXAMPLE: So today, I got a bob. Now, this isn't some revolutionary life fear, but I always thought I would never suit short hair and that people will laugh at me or not like it. Today I realised how silly I was being and took the plunge, and guess what? I LOVE IT.

You never know what will happen.

This is such a cliche, but you never know what is around the corner. I truly believe in this; when one door closes, another opens and it may not be the door you expect. If you don't take risks and face your fears you may be missing out on something absolutely incredible, and no one wants to live with regrets.

What have you got to lose?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even if you fail at something, you learn from it, you get stronger, improve and try again. If you are not facing your fears then you are losing that 'what if?', the possibilities, and maybe the beginning of something great. Whatever it is that scares you, is worth doing (if it improves your life and makes you happy of course), and taking that plunge will be worth it because, let's face it, you have nothing to lose.

Task For You And Me: 

In the comments, leave a message with a fear you want to face this week and how you will do it. We can do this together, and even if it's a small goal, baby steps are fine, and will probably motivate you to keep on facing your fears. So, here is mine. I haven't shared something on my blog yet, and I am quite nervous to do so, but here goes. Below is a video of me singing, this was recorded today and I would love for you to watch it and let me know what you think. This is a big fear of fine, as I know not everyone will like my voice, or music, but I have to realise thats OK, and you never know who will like it :)


Comments

  1. This is such a great post and so true! I’m definitely one for being scared of doing things incase I fail or it doesn’t turn out right or because of what people might think, but we’ll never get to where we want to be if we don’t push ourselves and try for what we want! After all we come first to ourself!

    Ellie x

    http://elliesbitsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I think it's so easy to hold back, stay in your comfort zone and assume the worst for a lot of things. It wasn't really fear but after graduation, I feared a little bit about applying to "grown up" jobs because I feared rejection, and ultimately, doing something wrong that could affect others. When I got settled into my role, I was so nervous to do something wrong, I was slow in performing my tasks for a bit. I'm so happy to just take charge and had my colleagues comfort me saying mistakes happens and things are easily fixable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this post! All your points so important and true. Ps I love your hair it really suits you! I have a fear of trains (i don’t like the thought of not being able to get out) and I went on 2 yesterday and was fine! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This such a great post! I love your new hair cut. It looks gorgeous and really does suit you. I also checked out your singing video and you have a lovely voice. You should definitely do more xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an important post. I don't really have any fears that are holding me back as such but I never approach brands because I don't think I'm good enough so maybe I could work on that this week.
    V ❤️
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment