Why I Love Sundays (And How You Can Too)


Coat - Dorothy Perkins (Not available online)

In the past, Sundays used to be a day I wasn't so keen on. Worrying about work the next day or stressing about things I haven't had time to do.

But over the past year or so, Sundays have become my favourite day, and why not? I feel like Sundays get a bad rep, and I wanna change that.

Here are some reasons why I love Sundays, and if you struggle with them, try out some of my suggestions and hopefully you'll learn to love them again too.

Oh Sundays, what would I do without you?

1. Sundays are my chilled days.

Whereas Saturday is normally a frantic, do all your chores and run to the shops kinda day, Sunday is definitely the opposite. I like to spend my day catching up on my favourite blogs, reading newsletters that come in my inbox in the morning, and spending time doing what I love.

Saturdays can be your productive day, but Sundays are the day for the good bits.

2. Waking up to no alarm.

I know you could say that this can also be the case for Saturday, but mine usually aren't. On Saturday I will have an alarm set so I can get on with my day. But Sundays....are very different.

Being able to wake up by your own alarm clock (or in my case - the cats alarm clock), knowing that you don't have to rush or stress is the best feeling. Even though I have things I might want to do, I can do them in my own time.


Top Newlook - £9.99
Trousers - Newlook - £19.99
Trainers - Topshop - £24.99


3. Sunday walks.

Even though I don't do this every Sunday, me and Joe try to go for walks at least every other Sunday. It's just nice to get out the house, whilst still feeling chilled out and just enjoying nature.

As you can see from the photos above, me and Joe went to the seafront at 10AM and took pictures for my blog. Although it was bloody freezing, it was also refreshing and a lovely, slow start to the day.

Wherever you like to go for a walk, Sundays are the day to do it.

4. Catching up on the little things.

This is different for everyone, but Sundays can be the day you catch up on the little things you forget about during your busy week.

Maybe it's calling your friend you haven't spoke to this week, catching up on your favourite TV show or just scrolling on Social Media for a while and not feeling too guilty about it!!! Whatever it is you need to catch up on, you can do so without stressing about it.

5. Self-Care Sundays.

Sundays are also the perfect days to run yourself a bubble bath (or in my case, a shower, as I sadly no longer have a bath *sad times*), put on a face mask, paint your nails, meditate, do some Yoga - whatever's your jam, today is the day to take care of yourself.

I always love this as it's like a fresh start to the week ahead. You'll feel better because you are looking after yourself and we all know that having a bath, getting into your dressing gown and having a big cup of tea is the best feeling in the world, right?

6. Planning the days ahead.

This one might not be for everyone, but for me, (especially having blogging as a hobby and not a job), I can find it hard to plan everything during my working week. I use Sundays to plan my blog posts, take some extra pictures and other things I might not have time to do in the week.

This doesn't have to be stressful - I just love having certain things planned out for the week to come, and a Sunday afternoon with tea and chocolate hob nobs is the best way to do it!



Let me know in the comments what you get up to on your Sundays.

Jessica xx




Comments

  1. Chilled Sundays are the best Sundays! I find going for a walk something that I dread, but once I'm out in the fresh air I feel so much better! I'm currently dogsitting which has forced me out of the house and it was so so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely right!!! Chilled Sundays are my favourite. I'm glad you had a nice day :) thank you so much for reading.
      Jessica x

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post! Chilled Sundays are my favourite x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment