Things To Do On A Sunday To Set You Up For A Good Week


Ah, Sundays... you either love them or you hate them. Lately, I have definitely been trying to love them.

Sometimes we can get overwhelmed when it comes to Sunday evening as we are thinking of the week ahead and all the jobs we have to do. I've been there, and I understand.

That's why I wanted to keep up my self-improvement series and give you some tips on how to set yourself up for a good week :)

Sunday's don't have to be stressful, and you can get things in order so that Monday doesn't seem so....well, Monday.

Get All Of Your Chores Done

I thought I would start off with the most boring (but effective) tip. If you can get all your mundane chores done on Sunday, i.e. the washing up, cleaning the kitchen or washing your clothes, it can really help when it comes to waking up on Monday.

You don't really want to wake up on Monday morning with a pile of washing up left from the night before, so just get it done. Try and tell yourself that it's only going to take 5-10 minutes, and then it's done - and you'll thank yourself on Monday.

Get Your Outfit Ready The Night Before

I cannot stress this enough. I never used to do this, and Monday morning always involved me running around trying to find an outfit and failing the first three times.

Since I have changed my morning routine, this has included getting my outfit ready the night before. If you pick your outfit on Sunday, when you wake up on Monday, you won't even have to think about getting dressed. 

The clothes will be laid out and you will just go into auto pilot. It will be so much easier!

Write a To-do List For The Week and Another One For Monday

Plan plan plan. If you sometimes get overwhelmed by everything you have to do in the week ahead, write it all down. This will help you to have everything written down in front of you, and you can then prioritise the most important jobs.

This means your week is already planned for you, and you just have to decide what's most important to you. After that, try and write a more in-depth to do list for Monday - so that you don't have to think about writing it all down on Monday morning.

Take Some Time For You

Meditate. Exercise. Yoga. Writing. Drawing. Walking.

Whatever you enjoy doing, do it. Sunday's don't just have to be frantic and stressful, you need to take care of yourself too. Try and dedicate an hour of the day to doing something you want to do.

Plus, if you are doing something you love and clearing your mind - you will feel so positive and less overwhelmed.

Meal Prep

This has been a lifesaver for me! I always plan my lunch for the week ahead and what I can take with me to work. 

I then cook in bulk on Sunday and have it ready and prepared for the start of the week. This makes things a lot easier and I don't have to worry about sorting any meals out during the week.

It also helps me save a lot of money, as I won't find myself running to the shops because I forgot to pack a lunch. It really is the best thing to do!

Go To Bed Early

I don't know about you but when I was younger I hated going to bed, now I absolutely love it. I know it can be tempting to stay up on your phone or laptop, but if you go to bed a little bit earlier on Sunday, you'll thank yourself for it come Monday morning.

I wake up earlier as well, so going to bed early is crucial for me. I recommend reading a book for half an hour before you go to sleep, instead of looking at your phone (this is something I am working hard on haha). 

It can put you in a good state of mind and you should find it easier to fall asleep too.

All of these tips can help you to have a great start to your week and feel good on Sunday too. Let me know if you do any of these things already!

Don't forget I have a free Goal Setting Workbook available to anyone who wants to download it. This will also get you signed up to my newsletter, where I share updates, my favourite blogs from others and more! Just click here, sign up and start setting your goals! :)

Jessica










Comments

  1. Love this! I’ve been trying to be more Monday Positive and it definitely helps taking the Sunday to prep! I agree that picking out outfits is SO helpful and makes the next morning so so much easier! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked this post! Yes, picking your outfit is one of the best things to do I think! It always saves me so much time haha! Thank you for reading lovely x

      Delete

Post a Comment