5 Things To Do When You're Stuck At Home

It’s safe to say we all have a little, (or a lot), of time on our hands at the moment. With everything going on in the world right now it can become easy to lose motivation or productivity. However, I’m not going to tell you that you should be super productive because that’s not for everyone, and it’s not for me either.

Productivity is individual to the person — so I just want to share a few things you can do whilst you’re stuck at home and not ramble on about ‘getting things done’ because, to be honest, no one needs that right now!

1. Get Yourself Outside (Once A Day)

I don’t know about you, but when the lockdown first started here in the UK, I didn’t actually leave the house for a few days. As well as this, myself and Joe live in a one-bedroom flat with a shared garden, so it’s safe to say things can become a little claustrophobic after a certain point.

Joe and I now go for a walk every day and it helps that we live nearby a lovely pond with some friendly ducks (picture below for reference haha). But I definitely think, if you can, getting out of the house, even just for a little bit of fresh air, can do us wonders. 

It can help to wake us up and feel fresher, plus it’s been great weather at the moment so it would seem a shame to let that go to waste.


2. Watch All The Netflix

Remember that show you started and forgot about? Now’s your time! Get back into those shows you wanted to watch but didn't have time to start. Joe and I always have a series on the go, but we have started watching more films in our newfound spare time too.

There’s nothing better than making a drink, getting cosy on the sofa and watching your favourite show — and there’s no better time than now. If you’re into some easy watching shows, I recommend the following:
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Friday Night Dinner
  • Good Girls
  • Working Mum’s 
  • Line Of Duty

3. Try Something New

With boredom comes the need to try new things and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’m not necessarily talking about taking up a new hobby or learning a new language (although this is definitely something you can try if it’s something you want to do!), but even little things can surprise us.

For instance, I have been seeing these viral videos lately of ‘cloud coffee’, now I’ve never been a massive coffee drinker but I’ve always wanted to try iced coffee. So, I made one, loved it and now have one every day (not sure if this is a good thing…). 

The cloud coffee will be next on my list but whilst your bored and at home, it seems like the perfect time to try something new or revisit an old hobby of yours. 


4. Start Reading Those Books

Ever think about starting to read lots of books and then just completely forget about it or claim there’s no time? Yes, me too. I bought a kindle last year and probably used it for about 2 months before it sat next to my bed collecting dust.

Being in isolation seemed like a good time to pick it back up again so I ordered a book and finished it in 2 days. Not only can it be an escapism from the world at the moment but it can also just be something relaxing to do whilst you have the time.

I’ve just finished Where Does It Hurt? by Max Pemberton and it was amazing, definitely recommend if you’re into true-life kinda books.


5. Get Your Body Moving

Before you ask, this is different from number 1. Because you don’t have to go outside to do this. I normally spend a lot of time on my phone and on my butt so when I can, I try to do a workout of some sort.

I find my workout videos on youtube — there is an endless amount. So whether you want to take it easy with some relaxing yoga, or speed things up with a HIIT workout, now’s your chance.

I’ve been loving the workouts that have been made to certain songs as it gives me a beat to workout too. Again, youtube is your best friend for that. I’m sure you already know, but exercise really helps our mental health and can make you feel great. 

What do you like to do whilst your at home? Have you tried anything new whilst you’ve been isolating? Let me know in the comments.

Comments